Thoughts of a Narcissistic Dutchman

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Kill the fatted calf!

That's right boys and girls, the prodigal son has returned... well, at least for the time being. A kind woman from Time Warner came by the apartment yesterday to install Road Runner, so now I am able to access the web on my off time -- not simply between classes. To celebrate, I thought I'd post in my blog that hasn't been touched in nearly eight months. There's not too much to say about life. Classes are a bit of a pain this semester, but I've only got six or seven more weeks of the little monsters. Today is Big Daddy's birthday, so I dined on pizza and ice cream with the whole famn damily at lunch, then Lamar and the rest of the Nisly's had several of us over for dinner at their place. It was a good Sunday, following a good St. Patty's Day.

I'm debating renewing my Newsweek subscription, as they continually refuse to spell my name correctly.

Tuesday night marks the beginning of another season of Workout on the Bravo channel. My friend (who happens to have cable) and I plan on getting together in sweatpants to throw back some chips and beer and watch the over dramatic gym employees interact with one another.

In two weeks I begin a Saturday graduate grammar class. I'm not sure which is more disturbing: the fact that I have to surrender six of my Saturdays between March 31 and May 19, or the fact that I'm looking forward to spending six hours each of those Saturdays drawing tree diagrams and comparing descriptive and prescriptive grammars.

I need a talent to perform at a TESOL talent show being held Friday evening. Right now all I've got is singing Kermit the Frog's "The Rainbow Connection" while a Japanese classmate accompanies me on her ukulele.

Finally, the semi-warm weather is supposed to return later this week. The weather people are calling for 68 degrees on Thursday. The short shorts cometh!

Play nicely with each other.

3 Comments:

  • I just remembered now that I was supposed to read your blog. Nice to hear from you via blog again. I need to blog again sometime...
    I am doing homework on a Friday night and it sucks :(

    By Blogger Maria, at 9:46 PM  

  • newsweek is a tabloid, try the economist...from abroad...well, i'm sorry

    By Blogger Rebekah, at 4:03 AM  

  • It's about damn time, Buskirk. I'd all but given up on your blog and not bothered to replace its bookmark after installing a new hard drive. Do try to keep up with it this time; random text messages at odd intervals can only say so much.

    By Blogger Kari, at 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home