Thoughts of a Narcissistic Dutchman

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Glimpses of the Emerald Isle

Following are a few pictures from my excursion across the pond. I've only included six of my 470-something digital pictures to save time and space. If you'd like to see more, come to my house for a weekend and we'll eat and discuss. Another entry detailing the trip and pre-Thanksgiving misadventures will follow soon. Enjoy.


Since Joel's flight arrived about an hour after ours, Lowell and I had begun to grow slightly Joel-sick. Here you see Lowell rushing to greet our long-lost companion at baggage claim.


One of the many lakes we saw while meandering through the Irish countryside. Oh Daddy, me legs have gone all-a-wobble! So beautiful.


"The Great Valley!"


Joel, Lowell and I on a cliff above one of Ireland's many secluded lakes. This lake is known by the locals as "Lake Guinness," due to its especially dark water, coupled with the frothy, shallow water near the sandy shore. We should have made the 400+ foot dive into the lake to "test" the brew.


If only I had grown up in a church like that... during the early 1700s... surrounded by underaffectionate monks... oh hum.


The great Zen master, Father Koerner, engaging in deep meditation from on high. (With the glare in his eyes, he looks slightly evil.)

6 Comments:

  • I love the pictures!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    And..Sue can tap dance??

    By Blogger Maria, at 6:20 PM  

  • I want to hear more!

    By Blogger Maria, at 1:40 PM  

  • Gorgeousness! I can't believe this trip is over, but I'm excited that you actually did it. Say hi to everyone for me.

    By Blogger Rebekah, at 3:32 AM  

  • Oh, Daddy...? Where's the rest of the contemplation required after a journey? After all, it's the overflow of emotions recollected in tranquillity that makes up poetry, right? Where's the recollection? Huh?

    By Blogger amylea, at 2:00 AM  

  • Chadders, you really need to post something new. Those of us who share your minimum wage prostitution status need verification of our solidarity.

    By Blogger Kari, at 4:29 PM  

  • Ireland?!!! what did I miss? I had no idea you were planning such a brilliant excurtion. You'll have to tell us all about it!

    By Blogger abby, at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home